Save these memories for life.
Sahara desert tour
- 3-days tour from Marrakech to the Sahara desert in southern Morocco,
- Travel through the High Atlas Mountains and discover Kasbahs and valleys,
- Explore the Draa River Valley’s picturesque towns and villages,
- Stay overnight at a desert camp in Merzouga sand dunes and taste the taditional Berber life ,
- Enjoy the sunset and sunrise over the Erg Chebbi sand dunes,
- Overnight accommodations and daily breakfasts and dinners included.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Desert, Discovery, Guided Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Explore the Sahara desert on this unforgettable 3-day tour through the Atlas Mountains from Marrakech. Traveling by air-conditioned vehicle, cross the high Tizi N´Tichka pass, visit Ouarzazate where scenes from movies such as ‘Gladiator’ were shot and Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, the UNESCO World Heritage site, then discover the Rose valley and Todra gorges. Spend a night in a berber tent in the middle of Merzouga desert after enjoying the sunset over the Erg Chebbi sand dunes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking,
- A minimum of two people are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is only one person booked onto the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund,
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult,
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking,
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide,
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended,
- Walking shoes or sneakers are recommended for the hike to the waterfalls.
- Hotels and riads located in central Marrakech,
- If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles (this may involve a short walk).
- Returns to original departure point.
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 10 and 29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 9 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD with an English speaking guide,
- Overnight accommodation with dinner and breakfast,
- Camel ride in the desert,
- Night in a berber tent in the Sahara desert,
- All entrance fees,
- All taxes,
- Fuel included,
- Transport insurance.
- Items of personal nature,
Marrakech - Aït Ben Haddou Kasbah - Ouarzazate - Roses Valley - Tinghir - Todra Gorges (360 km)
Departure around 8 a.m towards Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah through the High Atlas mountains by the Tizi n Tichka pass (2260 meters high). The landscape is very beautiful and you will appreciate lot of berber villages in steps with the color of the mountain.
After 3 hours driving you will arrive to Ait Ben Haddou kasbah where a break is planned for visiting and having lunch. After that you take the direction of the Rose valley via Ouarzazate to reach Tinghir then Todra Gorges, Splendid and impressive place that was used as natural decoration for many films.
Todra Gorges - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga Dunes (200 km)
After having breakfast, departure toward Erfoud via Tinejdad. Lunch on the road and after crossing Erfoud, you reach the area of Merzouga through a succession of ksour (fortified villages), oasis and palm plantations. From here, the caravan begins by exchanging your transportation by camels, a camel trek over the dunes at the sunset, this is where you can spend the night in a beber tent in the middle of Merzouga desert.
Merzouga - Alnif - Draa Valley -Marrakech (560 km)
Early morning departure to admire the sunrise, if you wish it of course, then departure toward Ouarzazate across the Tafilalet and the vast mineral Bougafer massif to reach Alnif then Tazzarine, N’Kob and Tansikht. You go up the course of the Draa river bordered of palm trees and pink bay-trees sprinkling a string of oasis and irrigating the long valley of more than 200 km. Break for having lunch in Tamnougalt palm grove close to Agdez village, Then we drive back to Marrakech crossing the High Atlas mountains.
This is what we call the mountain is calling and I must go!