Save these memories for life.
Kasbahs, Oasis and Ouarzazate Tour from Marrakech
- Customized tour to Telouet, Ait Benhaddou kasbah and Ouarzazate from Marrakech,
- Discover historic kasbahs, including one that is a UNESCO World Heritage site,
- Explore the Atlas Mountains with an expert guide,
- Visit the Fint Oasis and Connect with Berber people and their traditional culture by visiting a local family house,
- Visit the film studios and the Museum of Cinema.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Discovery, Guided Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Immerse yourself in Morocco’s rich history and fascinating culture on this 2-day trip through the Atlas Mountains from Marrakech. Your English-speaking guide will usher you to the stunning kasbah – a walled city or fortress – of Telouet. Visit Aït Benhaddou, a historic kasbah and UNESCO World Heritage site and spend the night at a hotel in this kasbah. The next day you’ll continue to Ouarzazate, often used as a movie location, and you will discover the authentic Fint Oasis before returning to Marrakech.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking,
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult,
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking,
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide,
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended,
- Walking shoes or sneakers are recommended for the hike to the waterfalls.
- Hotels and riads located in central Marrakech,
- If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles (this may involve a short walk).
- Returns to original departure point.
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 10 and 29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 9 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD with an English speaking guide,
- Overnight accommodation with dinner and breakfast ,
- Discover Telouet Kasbah, Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, Ouarzazate and Fint oasis,
- Visit local Berber family house and drink mint tea with them,
- All entrance fees,
- Local taxes,
- Fuel included.
- Items of personal nature,
Marrakech – Atlas Mountains - Telouet Kasbah – Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
Depart your Marrakech hotel by air-conditioned vehicle in the morning and head toward Ouarzazate. Admire the majestic Moroccan scenery and small, tiered villages as you soar into the High Atlas by way of the winding Tizi-n-Tichka pass.
Continue on the meandering road to the Telouet kasbah, an ancestral residence of the Pasha Glaoui of Marrakech. Enjoy a leisurely lunch at the historic kasbah (own expense), and then cross the Telouet trail, which used to be a trade route connecting sub-Saharan Africa to Marrakech.
Once you reach the stunning red landscape and green olive trees of the Ounila Valley, discover the Aït Benhaddou kasbah, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Take in a beautiful sunset from the top tower of the kasbah before sitting down to dinner and checking in to your hotel.
Aït Benhaddou – Ouarzazate – Fint Oasis – Marrakech
Enjoy breakfast and then get back in your air-conditioned vehicle for the drive to Ouarzazate, the site where movies such as Lawrence of Arabia, Star Wars and Gladiator have been filmed. Take in the panoramic views and visit the ancient Taourirt kasbah, another UNESCO World Heritage site and home to the film studios and the Museum of Cinema. Explore the studios and continue on to the Fint Oasis, a beautiful palm grove made up of four traditional Berber villages. Visit a Berber house and enjoy Moroccan mint tea with a local family. Sit down for lunch (own expense) and return to Marrakech in the late afternoon.
This is what we call the mountain is calling and I must go!