Full day tour from Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains 4 valleys and lake
- Get away from the heat of Marrakech to the stunning Atlas Mountains and discover the traditional Moroccan life,
- Explore the famous Ourika, Oukaimeden, Sidi Fares, and Asni valleys of the Atlas mountains with an expert guide,
- Visit the magnificent waterfalls of Ourika Valley,
- Enjoy an authentic lunch(Salad or soup + berber, tagine + couscous + dessert + drinks) in a Berber home which is included in the price,
- Admire the highest peak in North Africa, the Toubkal mount with 13 665 feet,
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeDiscovery
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Escape the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and head for the breathtaking Atlas Mountains, visiting the 4 valleys that make the region famous: Ourika, Oukaimeden, Sidi Fares, and Asni valleys, discover more captivating scenery by continuing on to beautiful Takerkoust Lake and the huge Kik Plateau. You’ll also experience traditional Berber culture along the way!
After morning pickup from your Marrakech hotel or riad, travel with your group in a comfortable and air conditioned 4×4 vehicle or minivan with an experienced english speaking guide through the majestic Atlas Mountains. Admire towering snow-topped peaks on your 1-hour drive to the first valley Ourika, famous by its waterfalls, this lush valley’s waterfalls are a lovely counterpoint to the surrounding landscape and the guided visit will help you to fully explore this waterfalls with your expert
mountain guide, about 1hr 30 min walk for going and coming back (if you aren’t interested by the walk you can have a drink in the small cafes beside the river), you will enjoy different landscapes and get spectacular views, in this valley you will have the opportunity to visit the Berber women extracting the argan oil (the unique Moroccan oil).
Continue through the second valley which is Oukaimeden valley (Ski resort), and taking a secluded mountain road standing at 1800 meters above sea level to reach the third valley of this tour which is Sidi Fares, you will pass through traditional Berber villages built from adobe and stones, and to discover the authentic life of Berber people and culture we will arrange a delicious lunch for you (Moroccan salad or soup, Berber tagine, moroccan couscous, dessert and drinks) in a typical Berber house. Afterward, head toward the fourth valley that is Asni, famous by its fruit trees (Apples, walnut, almonds, peaches…), have your camera ready to take pictures of highest peak in North Africa, the Toubkal mount with 13 665 feet.
At this point, head back to Marrakech or, if you’ve chosen the extended option, continue your journey into the Moroccan countryside for another hour. Travel to Takerkoust Lake, a serene sapphire-blue artificial lake popular with locals, then, pass wheat fields and villages on your way to the Kik Plateau, a distinctive limestone outcropping in the Atlas Mountains that offers wonderful views of the lush valleys below. Return to Marrakech and conclude your thrilling tour through the Atlas mountains with drop-off at your hotel at approximately 5pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking,
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult,
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking,
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide,
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended,
- Walking shoes or sneakers are recommended for the hike to the waterfalls.
- Hotels and riads located in central Marrakech,
- If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles (this may involve a short walk).
- Returns to original departure point.
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 10 and 29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 9 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD with an English speaking guide,
- private group tour,
- Typical Lunch in a local Berber family house (Salad or soup+berber tagine+couscous+dessert+drinks),
- Professional mountains trekking guide,
- All entrance fees,
- Local taxes,
- Fuel included,
- Items of personal nature,