Full day trip to the waterfalls of Ouzoud
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech to the stunning Ouzoud waterfalls one of the most popular sites in the area,
- Explore the magnificent bottom part of waterfalls with a professional local guide in a walking tour of about one hour,
- Catch sight of a macaque monkey in its natural habitat or a rainbow over the fallss,
- Savor a moroccan lunch (Salad+berber tagine or couscous or barbecue+dessert+drinks) at a restaurant along the shaded waterfall path with a panoramic view over the falls,
- Small-group tour limited to 7 people ensures more personalized attention from your guide.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeDiscovery
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Admire one of Morocco’s natural wonders on a day trip to the Ouzoud Falls from Marrakech. Travel into the Atlas Mountains by 4×4 or minivan, and witness the stunning, 360-foot (110-meter) waterfalls as they plunge down rugged cliffs. Take photos from various viewpoints, and, if you wish, visit the caves that house watermills powered by the falls. Watch for local Barbary apes or rainbows above the cascades, and savor lunch at a restaurant along the shaded waterfall path. This small-group tour is limited to 7 people for a personalized experience.
You could almost forget you’re in the middle of the desert once you see these stunning waterfalls! It’s a bit of a trek from top to bottom but a great way to fully experience this wonderful oasis. You might even catch a glimpse of a macaque monkey among the trees! Start your day trip with a pickup from your Marrakech hotel. Hop inside your air-conditioned 4×4 or minivan and enjoy the views as you travel northeast to the village of Tanaghmeilt in the Atlas Mountains. Drive through desert hills past palm groves and
old villages.As you travel, listen to fascinating facts about the Ouzoud Falls. Hear how their name translates as ‘grinding grain’ in the Berber language and how they rank as the highest natural waterfalls in north Africa.
On arrival, meet your professional and knowledgeable local guide in a walking tour of about one hour and follow the path to the lip of the falls. Then, behold the tiered cascades that tumble from different heights down into a natural amphitheater of red-colored rock cliffs. Absorb the roar of the cascades as you take photos, and with luck, see some of the Barbary apes that congregate by the water or one of the shimmering rainbows that form in the mists wreathed around the plunging waters. Visit several view points to drink in the setting, walk down steps to the base and explore the caves where water mills are used to grind wheat grain into flour — giving the falls their name. Having taken in the full beauty of the area, relax over lunch at one of the restaurants along the path to the falls with an amazing view. Lastly, enjoy your return journey to Marrakech, where your trip ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking,
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair,
- A moderate amount of walking is involved good walking shoes are recommended in order to access the bottom of the waterfalls,
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult,
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking,
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide,
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended,
- Walking shoes or sneakers are recommended for the hike to the waterfalls.
- Hotels and riads located in central Marrakech,
- If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles (this may involve a short walk).
- Returns to original departure point.
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 10 and 29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 9 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD with an English speaking guide,
- Private group tour,
- Walking tour with a professional local guide,
- Typical moroccan lunch (Salad+berber tagine or couscous or barbecue+dessert+drinks) in a restaurant with a panoramic view on the falls,
- Professional mountains trekking guide,
- All entrance fees,
- Local taxes,
- Fuel included,
- Items of personal nature,