Full day trip from Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains
- Get away from the heat of Marrakech to the stunning Atlas Mountains and discover the traditional Moroccan life,
- Explore the famous Ourika valley and its amazing waterfalls with an expert guide,
- Discover traditional Berber culture, people and villages,
- 2 to 3 hours hiking
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeDiscovery
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Escape the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and head for the breathtaking Atlas Mountains, visiting the Ourika valley and its wonderful waterfalls. You’ll also experience traditional Berber culture along the way!
After morning pickup from your Marrakech hotel or riad, travel with your group in a comfortable and air conditioned 4×4 vehicle or minivan with an experienced english speaking guide through the majestic Atlas Mountains.
Admire towering snow-topped peaks on your 1-hour drive to the Ourika valley, famous by its waterfalls, this lush valley’s waterfalls are a lovely counterpoint to the surrounding landscape and the guided visit will help you to fully explore this waterfalls with your
expert mountain guide, about 1hr 30 min walk for going and coming back (if you aren’t interested by the walk you can have a drink in the small cafes beside the river), have your camera ready to take pictures of the amazing landscapes and the spectacular views.
After that you will have the opportunity to visit the Berber women extracting the argan oil (the unique Moroccan oil).
The thrilling tour concludes with a drive back to Marrakech, arriving at approximately 1:00 pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking,
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult,
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking,
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide,
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended,
- Walking shoes or sneakers are recommended for the hike to the waterfalls.
- Hotels and riads located in central Marrakech,
- If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles (this may involve a short walk).
- Returns to original departure point.
- If you cancel at least 30 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 10 and 29 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 9 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD with an English speaking guide,
- Private group tour,
- Trekking tour in the mountains,
- Professional mountains trekking guide,
- All entrance fees,
- Local taxes,
- Fuel included.
- Items of personal nature,